How many times have you woken up your users in the middle of the night with an irrelevant push?
How many times have you sent out an English message to your non-English speaking users?
Have you ever asked your users what they really want?
The consequences of the above can be vital to your apps life cycle, users disabling your push notifications or (god forbid) uninstalling the app from the device. This also means you may have lost them to your competitors’ applications.
A low push rate can mean than 50% of your users will never hear your voice and will most likely turn less and less active with time – lowering the chances of a long and healthy app life cycle.
How do you avoid all this? Very easily-
- Send out messages in your users’ local time: Your users are probably spread all around the world. Joe from LA eats his dinner while Ina from Germany is already asleep. Sending out a message at 8pm PDT will probably not suit most of your users in Europe and will wake them up.
- Be relevant: Your users have different attributes and behaviors, target them based on the right parameters. A “New version update” message should be sent only to users with an older app version installed; those who already updated wouldn’t want to be bothered again.
- Speak their language: Engaging your users in their native language will definitely assist you in getting more value and increase app usage. Target your users based on their device locale regardless of their current location
- Understand user behavior – Your most active users are different from your inactive users. Those who haven’t passed the first level of your game might not be interested in hearing about new updated levels.
- Ask them – let your users choose what kind of information might interest them. Tag your users based on their interest, needs and wants.
- Give your users a voice – Let your users send feedback and comments about your apps, they have much to say and they need a way to say it. Listening to your users’ voice will increase your value and their loyalty.
You should aspire to an average rate of 80%-90% push enabled users! The ability to reach out to them will become your greatest added value.
Increasing your users’ loyalty through a smart engagement strategy will impact your user life time value and app life cycle. Obviously you want to keep your users happy and your ROI positive, this can be done solely through your mobile inbound marketing