Did you know that the average retention rate of mobile apps after 30 days is less than 50%?
Basically you spent around $1/user on acquisition and about 50% leave your app within a month. This means the average app publishers spends more than $2 per user. That’s a respectable chunk of time and money put into something which will wear off in a very short while. Looks like you’re losing your users over time… putting your core business at risk.
The bad news is (yes there is even more bad news), most of you don’t even measure this or think of ways to optimize. How do you feel about losing more than 50% of your revenues?
That’s where your mobile retention strategy steps in. There are ways to capture, retain and revive your users to avoid losing them overtime:
- Increase app usage – is your app simple to use and simple to understand? Is there a chance that your users are activating your app for the first time and have no clue how to use it? Or they might know how to use your app but do you maximize their usage?
- Target users who have launched your app only once or twice and never again – send them a video tutorial on how to use your app.
- Tag users who never completed screen X – show them what’s waiting for them in the next screen/level.
- Remind and stand out – is there a chance that some of your users downloaded the app and forgot about it after 2-3 activations?
- Target users who last launched your app 30 days ago – send them a message which incentives their return.
- Reach users that haven’t used your app for a while and number of app activations are low.
- Show value – your biggest fans are the ones who know exactly why you’re great, share their experience the rest of the world.
- Communicate case studies to your users- send out a rich message with an example of how an “alpha user” used your app.
- Reward users who have used your app the most – share with other users how they can be rewarded as well.
- Be social – your users’ friends affect their loyalty and the return to your app, knowing your friends behavior within an app will return more users to your app.
- Through event based notifications you can notify users regarding their friend’s behavior within the app.
- Allow your users to share with their friends something great they’ve done with your app.
- Give them a voice – your app is awesome but technical issues do happen… your app crashed twice and your users have no way of letting you know on the spot. Will they return to your app once again?
- Provide them with a communication channel where they can send out their thoughts and feedback.
- Reply to your users directly with an explanation of what happened a notifying them about the fix.
For more information regarding Appoxee Segments contact firstname.lastname@example.org